The Finance department at the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board is responsible for managing the annual budget, purchasing, and business and corporate services. Finance also works closely with individual schools to maximize budgets and resources, guided by our goals as well as our Mission and Vision.
Department GoalsView Department Goals 2016-17
In accordance with the Education Act, the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board formed an Audit Committee in January 2011. The Audit Committee is comprised of 2 elected trustees and two external members. The role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its responsibilities related to governance and oversight.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee include:
- Review the financial management of the Board and its financial reporting processes.
- Review the overall effectiveness of the Board's internal controls.
- Review the performance and effectiveness of the Board's internal auditors.
- Review the independence and performance of the Board's external auditors.
- Review the effectiveness of the Board's system for monitoring compliance with legislative requirements and with the Board's policies and procedures.
- Review and assess the Board's policies with respect to risk management.
The Committee meets at least three (3) times per year plus ad hoc meetings as required.
Please see Ontario Regulation 361/10 - Audit Committees for more information.